Designing Kitchens with Universal Appeal and AccessibilityView Blog Archive
One of the things you might want to consider when investing in appliances is universal design. A universal kitchen allows those that are mobility challenged to easily get around, access and use everything within the kitchen. The following are a few kitchen appliances that can help you to create a universal kitchen:
- Induction cooktops – As far as safety goes, no stove is safer to use than an induction cooktop. This is because there are no open flame or hot burner coils due to the fact that the use of an electromagnetic field allows the cooking vessels to generate heat, not the cooktop.
- CookStop fire protection – If you don’t have an induction cooktop, then consider CookStop fire protection. This wireless system uses motion sensors to detect whether anyone is near the stove. If no one is nearby for a certain amount of time, it will automatically turn the stovetop off.
- Wall oven – A wall oven is much easier to access for those that have trouble bending over. Ovens with swing doors are even easier to access.
These are a few appliances to consider for a universal design. For more tips on creating a universal kitchen, contact us at Sewell Appliance today.
- Indoors or Out, We Have Your Appliance Needs Covered
- What You Need to Know About Selecting a Refrigerator
- Kitchen Styles and White Appliances